Saturday, September 26, 2009

Some Oversights




As the project comes together I have noticed some oversights in the planning.
Some and easy fix, others not so much. I'll need to drill a hole in the monitor shelf that will allow the s-video cable to run down into the PC. The same hole will also allow me to run the speaker connections into the sub-woofer. The monitor depth isn't working well with the cabinet and I will need to cut a pass thru in the back of the cabinet. As is the monitor is sitting too far forward. I need to move it backwards and angle it into place. By cutting out a portion of the back cabinet I should be able to seat the monitor in the desired position. Lastly I miss measured my PC case, its about 1" to wide to fit into the cabinet now that the monitor is in place. I'm thinking that I will have to remove the components of the PC and mount them onto a board that I can fit inside. I'm thinking this could also help with the heat issue as it would have no case.

Anyway I'm off to "try" and solve my monitor issues.

No comments: