Friday, September 25, 2009

Monitor Is In






Today I began the process of testing all three Sony monitors using MAME.
However (just my luck) it seems the video card has kicked the bucket. I can no longer get an image displayed on any of the three monitors. I tested the S-Video cable via DVD player and it worked. I also tested the three inputs on the monitors also via the DVD player and the monitors displayed the picture. It appears I'm having RAM issues in addition to the video card issue. It never rains, it pores ! Such is my luck.

Anyway with the help of my brother and friend Andrew the monitor has now been lifted into place. It will require me to cut a little off the back of the cabinet to slide it into its final resting place. Also as suspected I will need to shim it into place.
I would expect to do that in the next week or so.

I also plan on tackling my PC issues this week. I'm rather upset, yet another set back.

No comments: