Sunday, September 27, 2009

It Works, It Works!


I think the s-video wire is the source of the problem. I'm getting a new one on Monday. Today I decided I would go downstairs and fiddle around again and see if I could make any progress. I made sure the s-video wire was as straight as possible, it seemed as if that did the trick because I got the image to display on the PVM.

As I make progress I noticed some mistakes I've made and things I've overlooked.
I love the flat black paint as its really easy to work with, but it marks easily.
Having certain elements (control panel & bezel) painted for as long as they have been, and left lying around it was no wonder they've picked up a few scratches along the way.
Looking back now I wish I had clear coated the items. Its no biggie, but something I will know for next time. I MIGHT clear coat the bezel, but I will not do the same for the control panel.

Working with what I have, specifically the X-Men vs. Street Fighter I decided to do an instruction card that would follow suit with the other elements. Having not played for a bit I forgot how to select the game. This is most certainly a good idea to have with this cabinet !

No comments: