Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Shelf Is Done & Installed





My brother is coming over Friday to help me move around some furniture in anticipation of my new sectional coming. I thought it would be a good opportunity to get the help required to complete the MAME project. I've had the shelf built for a few weeks now but did have some issues on just how to install it. Browsing some of the projects over on the BYOAC site I noticed that someone using the same SONY PVM monitor simply installed a shelf level to the control panel. He then used wood to shim it up into place. I thought that was a great idea and didn't require the math and problem solving on my end. No secret I've had a ton of issues on how to install this monitor and get it perfect. Anyway today I thought I would find the time to install the shelf and drill the holes. I cut a 2"x4" to about 26" so it would rest just under the 2"x4" support of my shelf. I checked to make sure the shelf was level on both ends and from the inside (and underside) I started to drill through the cabinet. Once I felt I had gone past the 2"x4" to the cabinet itself I stopped. Once all 6 holes were done I removed the shelf to complete the task. After that I simply put the 2"x4" support back into place and began adding the bolts. With the exception of one bolt that goes in cooked as a bitch I'm glad it's done. And like most things on this project the task wasn't that hard and again I regret waiting as long as I did. None the less the shelf is in and I'm just about finished.

No comments: