Thursday, September 24, 2009

Monitor Repair




When I purchased the 3 Sony monitors one of the three had issues. The picture was very bad, and very green. I began tweaking it by lowering all the settings only to find out I was unable to increase the settings. All the "+" buttons didn't work.
When I removed the casing from one of the Sony's I noticed what I thought was the wiring for the adjustments. I needed to remove the casing from a working Sony to add it into the Dynamo cabinet. I decided I would unplug the connection from the working monitor and plug it into the non working monitor. PRESTO ! IT WORKED ! I was able to reset the monitor to the stock settings and do my adjustments. I'm really excited that I've now salvaged this monitor I thought was a complete write off. In fact I thought the monitor looked great, perhaps the one I will use in the MAME cabinet. However Friday I will try running MAME on each of the monitors selecting the best one for the cabinet.

No comments: