Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Where the mission begins ....

I caught a bug some time ago and its sorta consumed me. The wife hates it, it takes up money and space, and for a short while it was all I thought about.

I started getting into old arcade games, the 6 feet tall, 300 + lb monsters some of us palyed as kids. I had just purchased my 1st house (@ 30) an 1800 square foot, new construction, soon to be dream home ! I had always wanted a games room, in fact I wanted to live out all my dreams in this new home. (within reason)

Anyway ..... so I started going to local auctions trying to build this "dream." My first purchase was a neo-geo 2 slot machine with bust-a-move ! the following month I picked up WWF Wrestlemania & SVC: Chaos both in Midway Cabinets. They didnt fit in the house and I later sold them. There were a few months where the auction was a bust and I got nothing.
Recently going to the auction I picked up a 4 slot neo geo, a SCI, and a Tekken 3.

When I got home the wife went nutty ! I was filling up "our" basement with "junk!."
She doesnt really care I think she just likes to complain. She wanted bust-a-move & I think it was a good way to break her into this.

So now I have my house, the begginings of a games room, a new hobby, limited (very limited) knowledge, and a complaining wife. There is a great site www.cgcc.ca the guys there have been a real help. I ask alotta questions and the provide alotta answers, they are smart, willing to help, and a great comunity.

No comments: