Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Choice To Mame

Again Ill say sorry if my posts seem a lil inconsistant, or if I dont finish a thought. Im going to try and log in @ work and do what I can. (which I shouldnt)

So I begin . . . .

My last trip the auction was a success, I managed to leave with three games. Not really games I wanted per say, but three games none the less. I came to a realization, I might not EVER get the games I really want, I might not be able to pay for them,I might not even have the space for them.

With that said I thoght MAME could be a great alternative, everything I want in one place !
(kinda like Wal-Mart ...if thats your thing) If come to a realization of sorts, some people (myself included) tend to get more involved with what we are collection,how much of it we have,whats its worth,etc. Not really putting a thought into weather or not we use it or for that matter enjoy it.

Like having a collectable in the box ! that could be your thing, but in this day in age, with a global market, where you can find goods in China, Australia,India, etc is it really that rare ? Do you enjoy it less if its out of the box on display ? does the value go down ? would you not be able to sell it, etc ?

I myself got caught up in buying clothes, sneakers (50 pairs), and dvds (700 +). Clothing ive never worn,shoes Ive never had on, and movies I never watched. These things take up space, but granted nowhere near the space that 300 lb, 6 feet tall mahcines would. And with that the idea to build a MAME machine was born.

No comments: