Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Video Issues


This MAME thing has consumed me....well not fully, but when I have time I like to get up there and tinker. As I noted I had some issues with the video "clipping" and in turn the audio did the same. I did manage to get the games to display full screen, and I lowered my CPU resolution to 800 x 600. Not really sure if that helps but I just thought these are old games, I'm sure they don't have "stellar" graphics and don't need a high resolution. By lowering the resolution I figured I wouldn't (if anything) take away from the look or feel of the game.


There are a ton of video options in MAME, I really didn't know where to start. Contained in the "help" section was some info that directly relates to my issues. First and far most it talks about the speed of the computer. I'm using a P4 1700GHZ .... from what I read that is more then enough. My video card is built in, and perhaps it isn't up to snuff. I think I'm going to try some games in my other CPU and see how that goes. If they work on a newer,better,faster machine then I know its the machine and not the actual ROM itself. Lastly Id look into purchasing a new video card in the hope to resolve my video issues.


Perhaps one thing I was doing wrong was doing my test based on "Street Fighter II: Rainbow" which onto itself is a hack of the original. None the less I plan on making a trip up to my office soon, finishing my custom ROM set & testing the games.


No comments: