Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Auction Was A Bust !


I went to the local auction, as I do about every 7 weeks (aka : whenever they have it).

I was looking for any good buys for my collection, but mostly wanted a decent "shell/empty cabinet" for my MAME project. I took down the results, but I'm having scanner issues. You can check out http://www.vidiot.ca/ for the results of this & past auctions. Anyway the auction was decent, and the prices fair (in my opinion) . Given my situation now even a $25 increase in the bid is enough to turn me off. Why pay for Street Fighter II when Street Fighter II is in my cabinet ? If the price is right, its a different story.


I don't have a van or truck or trailer for that matter. I enlist the help of a friend and give him $50/60 for his time, gas, effort, etc. Its a steal really, he told me he doesn't make a thing. He just does it cause he is a good guy. (Thanks Andrew !)


There were a bunch of Capcom fighters at this auction, many in Midway cabinets. I learned that midway cabinets are just too fricken big ! I cant get them in the house. They were scratched off the list right away. There was a really nice Capcom vs. SNK but it went for more then I wanted to spend. Again, I have this title in my ROM set and space really is an issue. Was the same issue when it came to a Neo Geo 4 slot with 4 carts.


All in all it put me in a weird situation, paying $60 for delivery on a $25 cabinet. Why not just wait til the next auction and hope that I can get another addition to the collection + the cabinet ? I decided that was best, I would wait I'm in no rush. So I'm hoping that next time I can pick up a steal like the 4 player Blitz 99 for $75 and my shell to continue my project.


I will note they had some decent empty cabinets there, 2 player, 6 buttons per side, possibly Dynamo (which are great, they fit in my house), mostly black exterior & marquess. All of which went for $25-50. Mind you that does tend to be the average, and I'm sure that will be the case next auction.

No comments: