Monday, April 7, 2008

Video card Issues & custom ROM set

The process of creating my custom ROM set inst hard, but it isn't easy. It takes time to go through the games, select the ones you want, research the ones you aren't sure about,and test em to make sure you do indeed like them.

I like fighting games, the Street Fighter series stands out TO ME as one of the greatest of all time. I'm also partial to Mortal Kombat, and NEO-GEO fighters. MAME has tons to offer, so what I do is open Google in one tab and KLOV (www.klov.com) in another. As I go through the list from A to Z I look @ the flyer or title and determine if I think Id like it. If I think I would I Google it and/or check it out on KLOV.

Again its not the fastest process, but its the best way I can think to get that fully customized ROM set that is me !

When showing a friend the other night what I'm doing, I fired up "Street Fighter II : Rainbow Edition" but noticed both the video and audio were choppy. I'm by no means Mr. Computer but I'm guessing my on board video card isn't up to snuff. I'm hoping to replace or simply just add an AGP 128MB video card, I'm hoping this will resolve my video issues.

Other games I tested like "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" played without any issues.

No comments: