Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Strip n' Stuff






So Ive come along way in the creation of my MAME cabinet as of late.
Ive removed the joysticks,buttons and entire control panel. I'm still in the process of cleaning the plexi and control panel. I purchased some a black vinyl sticker I plan on using under the plexi. I'm hoping it will hide a few imperfections. The adhesive on the control panel has proven to be a bitch! I'm yet to fuss with it more.
Ive removed the monitor and stored it safely in my basement for future use in other machines. Ive removed the coin door, marquee, and speakers from the cabinet. I'm still in the process of removing all the wiring, but I hope to complete that in the next day or so. Ive filled a few holes, but been rather impatient in fixing every minor scratch and dent. I havent decided if I will revisit this, or just see if the paint hides them. The cabinet has been taped and is ready for paint. There is still some wiring id like to remove before I begin that. Over and above that I'm very happy! My JPAC came in today, its at my parents. Ill pick that up and perhaps on the weekend begin testing the controls. That's it for now !

Thanks for reading!

No comments: