Monday, May 5, 2008

Video card quest . . .


MAME is still on pause for me ....time is just that hard to come by. But I'm still excited, and I still want this badly. I've decided Ill need a new and better video card. Local clear out retailers carry some older stock, and I should be able to get one for about $20. My video is inboard (attached to the motherboard) and seems to lag when playing certain games. Talking to people and reading up on MAME requirements a P4 (which I have) should be more then enough. Yet I continue to have problems with certain titles. With that said this purchase seems be the next logical step.


I still fully intend on testing every game is my custom ROM list. I want to make sure they play OK, and perhaps do any tweaks/configurations that are required. Once that is done the process of moving into the cabinet can begin. I believe that I will be able to set up custom button layouts for every title in MAME, however to really get the feel it would be required that all components be installed into the cabinet.


The goal is to get a cabinet at the next auction, May 31st... same day as my wrestling trip to Bolton.


These are the objectives I look to tackle in the very near future, but for the most part MAME is still on pause. Just not enough time ........... perhaps this weekend to come I can begin testing the games........who knows !

No comments: