Monday, May 26, 2008

Mortal Kombat Mess



I resumed my MAME testing the other night and its going well. Ive got to the "S" section of the list. I expect to be completed in a day or so. Once I'm done I will print it and save it as a reference guide. My notes include things like (a) weather or not the title works on both XBOX & MAME (b) and problems the games has. So if a game notes "missing chd/rom" I would indicate that beside it. I also make personal notes like "flicker" or "choppy image." A slew of Midway games have this problem. In fact the entire Mortal Kombat franchise and NBA JAM franchise are really slow and "choppy." It was just brought to my attention that, that could very well be a video card issue. Stupid me only tested Street Fighter II: Rainbow as a basis for weather or not the video card worked. When it didn't I was quick to return it within the allotted 10 days. None the less it makes sense, slow video = slow video card. I don't know what my on board video is, but I do plan on trying to find out. None the less I will complete testing, noting all video troubles I have. Once completed purchase a new card and continue testing.

No comments: