Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Testing Has Started



As noted my video card was a bust! I think that deciding to use "Street Fighter II: Rainbow" was a poor choice. None the less whats done is done. With that out of the way I've decided to keep the computer as is.

I've decided that I'm going to keep my MAME machine (when built) as simply that...a machine for MAME. Other emulators and games will be played via one of my 6 XBOX's which I will load with the emulators & Rom's.

Now I'm begging the process of testing each game in my favorites list. Noting if it does or doesn't work. If it works on XBOX, and noting any flaws I see. For example "Street Fighter II" Rainbow" has choppy audio. or "Arch Rivals" was missing CHD's. All my results with be gathered and saved on an Excel spreadsheet.

I don't know that it really serves any "real" benefit to recording these results, but I plan on leaving a copy next to the machine. People can use this as a reference when selecting a game.

One of the other things I did was take my time and go through ROM lists for NES,SNES,N64,and TURBO GRFX 16. I selected all the games I like and saved them as "favorites." I don't think I will go through these and test them (as I will for MAME) but I do plan on adding them to a favorites folder. Or perhaps simply loading these ROMs and only these ROMs when setting up the XBOX.

No comments: