Friday, May 16, 2008

Video Card Update & Testing



I installed my video card today and began the process of testing MAME. The 1st thing I noticed was I was unable to use "Direct 3D" with the new video card. None the less I began the testing process, again using "Street Fighter II : Rainbow." Graphicly I dont know that I noticed any improvement with the new card vs. my onboard video. The main issue was some "choppiness" while playing certain games. When I fired up SFII: Rainbow the problem persisted with the new card installed. In retrospect I dont think it was a wise choice to base my tests on a "hacked/bootleg" game. Not only that I really dont recall how the game played in the arcade. Was it faster then the other Street Fighters ? I've decided to remove the card and return it.

Ive hooked up the joystick a friend lent me, and started testing the games. I plan on testing every game in my favorites and recording my findings on a spreadsheet. I want to record my findings for MAME on PC & my MAME on XBOX. Perhaps some games wont work well on PC, but do on XBOX. Or perhaps some games might not even be on the XBOX,etc.

When im done ill post the document here for download if needed by anyone.

No comments: