Saturday, June 29, 2013

Painting Prep

July 1st long weekend here in Canada.
A time for celebration, family, BBQ, and for me arcades.
Today was a busy day for me, however I was lucky enough to get out to Home Depot and pick up some paint and my marquee fixture.

I picked out a nice bright red called "Chilli Pepper." I think it will look great with the reds, oranges, and yellows in the Final Fight art work.

Today I managed to install the marquee fixture and start to spray on the black paint. I'll need to do a second, even third coat tomorrow. It's not covering the drywall patching compound very well to be honest.
If I can get a couple coats in early in the morning I'll leave the cabinet outside in the sun for awhile, letting it bake on. Returning later that day to roll on the red paint.

Once painted I think it will come together quite well...and fast. My VGA adapter I expect in about 10 to 14 days. However I'll do the Jamma wiring, even installing the monitor early if needed.

I'm going to use the existing marquee and even the monitor shroud, I'm hoping it works out well with the LCD. My concern is part of the image cut off when finally put into place.




No comments: