Friday, June 21, 2013

Final Fight Progress

Today when I got home the plan was to work on the Final Fight project.
I'm proud to say I did just that !
I've got the cabinet gutted and waiting to be cleaned....the cleaning I'll do tomorrow.
All the metal and plastic has been removed and first coat of black/hammered paint has been applied.
I decided I'd do the speaker grill in red, not sure I like this. I'll need to see how it will look all together.
I guess the beauty of paint is I can easily redo it.

I still havent picked a color for the cabinet or molding, but I'm not sweating that for now.
I also havent decided if I'd paint the bolts in black or the same matching hammered finish paint.
These little details will really depend on how it all looks when coming together.
Lastly for today I polished up the marquee, there is some flaking and I can't decide if I should use a black paint marker on the back to color in these areas. I might do a test to see how it will look.

I'm also proud to report that I've finally got smart when it comes to these projects.
Let me explain............I'm forever losing parts, be it bolts, monitor connections, etc.
So with Final Fight I grabbed an empty box, labeled the box Final Fight and all the parts go into it.
I also bagged all the bolts, washers,screws,etc together.
I'm sure I wont lose any now !









If I make progress tomorrow in addition to the cleaning I'll begin the body work and sanding.

No comments: