Monday, June 24, 2013

Final Fight.......not quite the Final Push !

I won't complain about the heat here just east of Toronto, Ontario Canada.
It does make it hard to get outside and work in the sauna.........I mean garrage.
None the less I do what little I can when I find the time.
As I said I've set a deadline to complete this project, all be it in the past deadlines  didn't mean much to me!

Over the weekend I managed to get some patching and sanding done. All metal and plastics were given an extra coat of paint if needed. I also painted my coin door bolts in the same hammered finish. They look quite good! The Final Fight had a make shift marquee fixture for 2 standard light bulbs, I'll replace it with an under the counter version from Home Depot. (I use these in all my cabinets)
Found here : http://www.homedepot.ca/product/f15t8-plug-in-fluorescent-undercabinet-fixture-18-inches/980574

The cabinet was cleaned internally and a piece of 1"x3" was picked up to use as a base. As is the cabinet sits on the floor, I don't know if I should simply add feet or add the base. I'm unsure if the base will make the cabinet sit to high. As I had mentioned prior I'd like to add some lighting modifications to the cabinet. The base would allow me to mount either the cold cathode tubes or the RGB LED.

One thing about the Final Fight is that it has quite a gap in the back where the back door is. This is great to allow animals to come inside to nest and release heat. One of these things I welcome, the other I don't! I'm sure you can guess which. If I go with the cold cathode tubes on the base I'm unsure how I'll incorporate the RGB LED lights. I need to make sure that when powered on they don't bleed through and interfere with the picture during play.

That's all for now.





No comments: