Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Onto Painting !





I'm not in any rush to bang these cabinets out. I really want them to be done well, look clean, and function great. I'm taking my time every step of the way. As always with any project you have some trial and error. I decided I would mask and start painting today. Two of the three bar tops have a wood grain top panel. I decided I would paint it in a flat black. I love flat black spray paint, it's very forgiving!
I also masked off the coin mechs and the bottom swivel base of the machine.

The first machine will be a bright orange Krylon paint. I found that I don't like the new Krylon tip, took me some time to get used to. I had many runs on my first crack. I found I was better served to paint the entire cabinet in the flat black first and then apply the orange over top. It isn't done yet, but I think it will look great.

After I got the top painted I masked it off as to avoid over spray.

No comments: