Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bar Top Begin






I've had some issues drilling out the locks on the bar top's. But this week I was determined to get it done. One of the three bar tops is with a co-worker who graciously built me the required control panels I would need to turn them into 48-in-1's. The other two are at home with me. So I decided I would tackle the two machines for now so I could begin the prep work for turning these into 48-in-1's.
When I picked the machines up I was told I would need to drill the locks. The seller asked me, "Do you know how to do it?" to which I told him, "Oh ya, of course."
He showed me none the less, needless to say I didn't pay attention. I've turned the locks (on the bar top I'm selling) into a bloody mess. Oddly enough on the bar top I'm keeping I was able to drill out all four locks with ease. I didn't even make a mess of them! They obviously don't work, but they look perfect.

With the locks drilled out I decided I would begin gutting the cabinet.
I have brand new 48-in-1 boards and brand new jamma harnesses for the cabinets.
All I need to keep from the bar tops are the power supply's and monitors. As I begin gutting them I do feel a little over my head. I'm not really sure how to wire them.
I've researched a ton about how to wire a jamma cabinet, but not for one second did I think about how will the machines power up ? I didn't really pay much attention to the monitor and chassis.

As usual I'm sure I will count heavily on the help of the guys over @ www.cgcc.ca .
I think the machines might take me a little longer then I thought but I'm hoping I figure it out.

The idea is keep one and sell the other two.

I've included some pictures in this post.

No comments: