Saturday, December 13, 2008

Me, The iPod & The IPAC






So last night was one of those nights I decided there was going to be no TV. I would clean,read,surf the net,whatever...just not watch TV. So once I got home I cleaned my dogs kennel,took her for a walk,then went online for a bit. When I was done I went downstairs and gazed at my control panel. I decided enough was enough, I didn't need to wait until my vacation to complete my MAME project. So I took the control panel up to the kitchen (so I could watch the dog) and fired up some tunes on the iPod and away I went. I first had to clean off some of the cherry switches, making sure I could see the hole and run the wire through it. In then installed the remaining cherry switches on the control panel. Slowly but surely I started to wire up all the components. As I did I was sure to label each wire, making sure my commons (ground), buttons, and all directions were clearly visible. I figured this would help speed things up when I was ready to connect the IPAC. I still have to complete player two,but I don't think it will take more then an hour on Sunday. Today (Saturday) there is just far to much other stuff to do. But I must say I'm glad I made some progress. As I mentioned prior I now have my XP computer set up to boot right into MAME. Ive made sure that MAME runs in full screen and the mouse cursor inst visible. Ill need to spend a little time online trying to figure out where my favorites folder vanished to. This is a real sticking point for me! It was so great to have all my favorites "streamlined" and displayed in one location. Ah well more on that as it develops. As always Ive included pictures with my post.

No comments: