Thursday, December 25, 2008

Whats Left ?


So with the controls done and out of the way my MAME project is nearing completion.
It seems every so often you have a plan and it never pans out the way it should. The plan for me was use the 19" CRT monitor that I have sitting around in my arcade project. It was small and a 25"-27" is more true with what was contained in the cabinet when I got it. I didn't have the TV and the video card I used provided me with less then stellar results. Then my dad tells me he has that 25"-27" RCA I could have. That was a major plus,but as is my PC doesn't have a means to send the picture to a TV. Then there was the issue that some games don't play on my MAME machine. From what Ive seen in my testing Midway games (NARC,NBA Jam,NFL Blitz,Mortal Kombat)don't play at full speed. One of the guys over at www.cgcc.ca said I should try FAST MAME. Now ....... I'm a guy who thinks "If it ain't broke don't fix it!." That's the way I feel about my existing system. I have the controls working well, a bunch of my favorite fighting games seem to play fine, why should I mess with that ? So that got me thinking, Id like to do a bar top MAME or even a cocktail MAME in the near future. So why don't I pick up a new PC, add a video card with S-Video out and try FAST MAME ? I decided I would try that. I'm not in the process of trying to get another PC to do a second full MAME install. But then another issue, I just picked up a 50" Panasonic Plasma TV on boxing day. I think id love to use the plasma as a monitor, and use the new/old PC as a means to stream movies and free online PPV. Ah the struggles, what do I do, what do I do ? For now no answer.

No comments: