Saturday, July 5, 2008

Painting Complete






I finished painting my cabinet, and I'm quite please with the results. I'm sure it could have been better, I could have taped better, or removed the t-moulding, but all in all its good ! Its a light blue so it doesn't really translate well in the pictures. The t-moulding is black, and the control panel will be painted in a flat black paint. I was able to get a hold of an old supplier and have some Hori buttons getting delivered today. My buttons don't really go with the overall scheme of the cabinet, but I don't think they will stick out like a sore thumb. They will consist of red & green buttons. Each player will have three red & three green. Player one will be red, and player two green. In total 14 buttons are on the control panel. I wanted to add more, as I have some extra yellow Hori buttons. I have instead decided to use the shifted functions on the IPAC and save myself the work. The Hori buttons themselves should save me time as the micro switches are built in. I wont need to dissect my mess of wires that was removed from the cabinet. I think as another time saver Ill be purchasing 8 more micro switches and using them for the joystick installation. Again quite simply this will be better then taking apart the mess of wires I was left with.

If I am able to find some time today Id like to tackle the control panel. Its still a mess, and covered in adhesive. Once that is cleaned and painted I can begin to install the buttons and joysticks. Ive decided to get the control panel fully wired and test it using MAME before installing it back into the cabinet. This will allow me to make any alterations needed.

Ive reinstalled the coin door and installed my old computer speakers. Ill need to add a shelf of sorts in the back of the cabinet to rest the subwoofer. This is also handy if I need to adjust the volume.

No comments: