Sunday, July 6, 2008

Monitor Painting




I need to work on my patience,but that's another blog.
I decided I would paint my monitor bezel so it would stick out less when used in my MAME cabinet. I tried to take it apart, but it was allot more work then it was worth. I decided to tape it off and use some flat black spray paint. It turned out well, and I got no paint on the screen ! (which was great)
Only issue came when I decided to move it from the front lawn to the backyard. I thought it would cure better in the heat, but ended up making a smudge or two.
In reality you wont see that once its installed anyway, so I'm not sweating it.
The only concern I have now is that a 19" monitor is to small. There is going to be a ton of wasted space around the monitor, I really think Ill need a nice custom bezel.
When I replaced the video card to a card with a TV out the image quality went down. It would have been a huge plus if I could have had video out, as I could have hooked up an old TV. Now I will need to track down a larger CRT monitor. I don't know that ill make finding a new monitor top priority, but its definitely on the list. I'm also hoping that cutting my bezel out of poster board turns out OK. As always Ill post my results and pictures here.

You'll see the paint job is somewhat sloppy in parts. Keep in mind most of that wont be visible once contained in the MAME cabinet.

No comments: