Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Polished Popeye Plastics






One of my Nintendo cabinets was delivered this past Sunday.
I'm super excited since I get the other cabinet this Saturday.
I've made some good progress in tracking down and buying the parts I need to complete both projects. In fact my Popeye CPO (control panel overlay) arrived this week in the mail. I had the marquee and the bezel was included with the cabinet. My upper and lower marquee brackets should be in this week, side art is paid for and should be on the way to me as I type this. I've located a coin door locally through a buddy of mine from the auctions, we've agreed on a price and he's holding it for me. I've also ordered t-molding for both cabinets.

Today I drilled out my two control panels, one laid out in typical Nintendo VS style, the other standard Popeye. This Popeye cabinet might make it's way for sale at some point and I want to provide options. I thought it would be a good idea to have the two different panels.

This week is the local coin-op auction and I'll be picking up some Sanwa buttons and Crystal Bubble Balltops (also in baby blue)..........I LOVE THESE TOPS ! I've used them on my Bar Top Trio project. I think the control panel is going to look good and fit in well with the existing Popeye colors.

I also managed to print out the Popeye instruction card that goes under the overlay. I did goof however, I should have added a border to it, I ended up stretching the entire thing half an inch. It does get a little cut off, this was only $2 so I'll just do them again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey bud. Can i ask where you got the control pannel overlay?