Saturday, November 20, 2010

Well...........Almost Done!

When my friend came over last week we were not able to get as much done as we had hoped. He is a real perfectionist and didn't want to do a sloppy job. He knew two of the cabinets were for sale, and instead of wanting to rush them, or simply just make them decent he wanted them perfect. It does make sense, I'd hate for someone to buy a shotty product off me. In the end one bartop was fully wired and playable. In fact I got a few games of PacMan in that Sunday. However during play the game just died. The monitor was fine, as was the board. Turned out the power supply had gone.

I tried to test the other two I had but got really odd readings. When I told my buddy he suggested I bring them to him. Turns out all three were shot. One of them he thought I should save and is doing the repair for me. I'll keep that for testing purposes. He suggested I get new ones, not only for the keeper,but the two cabinets for sale. I agreed, when I do sell these I want them to be great machines. I want people to enjoy them and not feel the got taken for a ride. I'm just waiting now for a quote and expect to order the new parts this week coming.

Since I was going with new power supplies I thought it would be a good idea to switch all the bartops to LCD. From a selling stand point I think that would be a huge plus, from a buyer standpoint replacing the LCD is for easier than an arcade monitor. I'm sourcing out Kijiji for some good deals!

In the end I'll be into the bartops for a little more then I expected, but I think the outcome will be well worth it. No matter what I don't see myself taking a loss on them...so that's good. Not to mention I sold the existing monitors for $50. So that helps to offset my cost.

No comments: