Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wiring/Power Issues






When doing this project I wanted to follow Bob Roberts "How To Wire An Arcade Cabinet" diagram as closely as I could. However when I was out sourcing the parts I had issues finding AC Line Filters and AC Distribution Blocks. In another post you can see the parts I did pick up. I think they will be suitable. And to ensure no mistakes I'm going to get my brother to assist in (or I guess I should say "DO") the wiring of these cabinets. I had some issues with respects to the Isolation Transformers. Between the three bar top's two different Isolation Transformers existed. Two of them were "Mike Proof" as they would only connect one way to the monitor. And coming off the other end were two different colored wires, one white, one black. However the other Isolation Transformer could connect either way to the monitor chassis. And the wires coming off it were both the same color. Again I'm a NOOB and wasn't sure what to do.
Luckily some great places exist with respects to this hobby.

The guys over at www.cgcc.ca are a great source of help, as are the guys and gals that use the BYOC forums. Great site to check out by the way, http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade.htm

No comments: