Friday, October 2, 2009

Final Stages


So I can finally say (and feel good about it) that this project is finally in the final stages. I'm still waiting to get my hands on a jigsaw, but other then that its pretty much done. I had a few connections on the IPAC that were loose, but I fixed them today. I also had a problem with the audio being super quiet. I rewired the speakers and the audio is great now. Perhaps a little too much bass, but I should be able to easily adjust that. I've decided as mentioned prior that the PC will simply remain tucked behind or beside the cabinet. And the keyboard kept on top of the PC for easy access. I do have one PC issue that I am yet to fix. When I had major PC issues sometime ago when it was repaired it would do a check of the RAM every time. Pressing escape will void the process. However now running MAME I don't want to wait every time for the test to complete. And with the keyboard stashed behind the PC hitting the escape key isn't going to convenient. Other then that I feel good. I've sent out an email to price some side art. I've designed an instruction card as seen in this blog and I'm going to look for a move set sticker similar to the ones found on Tekken cabinets.

No comments: