Thursday, July 30, 2009

Well I Tried......

The last three or so days I've had some killer headaches. I think a full work day on the computer followed by more time on the computer has taken it's toll. No doubt the fact that I have stopped wearing my glasses at work in connection with the new light bulbs have all contributed to this problem. Anyway I promised myself that I would not start another project until my MAME project has been completed. Something I thought should be an easy task as all that is left is the installation of the monitor. Now I will need help lifting the monitor into place, and I will need help to figure out the angle....but once that has been done is really a quick project. I thought to make this project run smoother I would complete the shelf build in advance. So last night I went out and bought some screws. I went down stairs with my splitting headache and began to work. Long story short I split the 2x4 supports, stripped the screws, and cracked the particleboard shelf. Sooooooooo now I need more 2x4 supports, a new shelf, and new screws. I'm glad I didn't paint the bezel as I had planned.

I guess the one blessing is that the shelf I had wasn't the correct size. It was in fact smaller then I had needed which resulted in my screwing two 2x4 supports together. Now I will get a shelf that is the correct size and use one 2x4 support per side. I'll post the pics I've taken tonight, and I hope to resume this project on the weekend.

No comments: