Thursday, July 21, 2011

Donkey Kong Project

In anticipation of getting this cabinet in August I've started to source out parts and do whatever prep I can. I've decided that like my Donkey Kong Jr project I will add "admin" buttons to the underside of the control panel.

To give this cabinet a wider range of playable games I am going to use "Player 1 start" and "Player 2 start" as buttons A & B. The "jump" button will actually be "Player 1 start."

The underside of the cabinet will have a buttons for Enter, Escape, Credit, and Player 2 start. The Enter and Escape buttons are used in MAME, as is the credit button.

The PC is going to feature MAME with a custom MaLa layout. I'm also going to include prior generation console games. In fact any console that requires less than two buttons will be added to the PC.

I'm really excited to have this machine playing NES and Sega games.

No comments: